Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Dancer in the St-Merri Cathedral

Remember this cathedral?
I visited it on one of my first nights in Paris.


It's on the west side of the Pompidou Center, next to the Stravinsky Fountain.
The Tuesday before I came home, a small group of friends and I were walking around and decided to stop into this church for a second. This is what we saw.

This particular parish seems to really encourage participation in the arts--they often have different installations hanging overhead. And it seems like almost every cathedral in Paris offers free concerts (as well as some concerts you have to pay for).

2 comments:

Denise said...

Your photos make me long for a visit to Paris again, but I know I won't see the wonderful sights you saw because I would hit the popular highlights and miss these wonderful spots. I love the red door. I am enjoying your pictures and look forward to you posts.

Sarah said...

Thanks, Denise!