Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Rue de la Huchette

Rue de la Huchette is a total tourist trap.

And I love every bit of it.


Actually, in the off-season, you'll find just as many French people enjoying lunch there as foreign visitors. There is Greek, Chinese, Indian, Italian, and I don't know what other kinds of food offered on Huchette and the small streets winding off of it.

This street is just off of the Place St-Michel as well. (I'm not lying, it's a great area).


I spent a lot of time in this area because it was right by the school where I took grammar classes 5 days a week.


But I would never get a hotel room on that street. Way too noisy late at night. Just get a hotel nearby, and then you'll have access to the St-Michel Metro and the St-Michel/Notre Dame RER stops. You can pretty much get anywhere from this part of the city.

No comments: