Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Closet cleanout and repurposing

I've been cleaning out my closet lately, trying to get rid of the things that are unflattering, don't fit, or that I just don't like. That's partly what inspired the whole 30 for 30 thing.

On what seems like a totally unrelated note, I've been wanting to find some little cloth shoe bags that I could put shoes in when I travel so my shoes don't get my other clothes dirty.

So I'm going to beg friends and family with sewing machines to let me come over and use them for an afternoon, and I'm going to chop up my old clothes and turn them into my travel bags.

But I've got to do it soon. I'm so over 'someday' projects and having piles of stuff that 'I'm going to do something with' lying around gathering dust.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thats a good idea! I always have sewing projects I want to do and never get around to it.

http://girlintheridingboots.blogspot.com/

Kaylia Payne said...

That's such a good idea! I know what you mean, I always say that I'm going to do something and it never happens :p
But I have faith that you'll get it done!

Lea Carianna said...

You should post pictures of your travel bags when they're done! It sounds like such a great idea :)