Pages

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Skagway

The next stop on our cruise was Skagway, a VERY small town that looks like it's straight out of the movie Silverado - wide wooden slat sidewalks and all. I didn't take many pictures here because we just walked through town to get to church and then went straight back to the cruise ship--hiking all over the surrounding mountains didn't sound too appealing when we were all in Sunday clothes.

On the way to church we passed this random old bus that I thought looked kind of cool.

This train took people up to the top of the mountain nearby so they could bike down or go on tours of mines, etc.


Once we got back to the ship, Hap and I watched the guys play chess--for about two minutes. That got boring really fast, so I took some pictures and called it good. I've never learned the rules of chess, and I'm not strategic enough to be good, so it really doesn't hold any interest for me. But the huge chessboard looked kind of cool.

And this was the view when we started cruising for Sitka.

No comments: