Pages

Friday, October 31, 2008

Fall Colors Exist, After All!

Last Saturday I woke up at 6:30 and couldn't get back to sleep, so I spent about an hour doing laundry, ate breakfast, and then went up the canyon to take some pictures.

By Vivian Park I found a couple of Heber Valley RR cars to take pictures of. I'm still learning about manual settings, and my hands were freezing after about 2 minutes, so I didn't stay around long to experiment or perfect anything. :) This is what I ended up with. Some I like, some I don't...


After that I went down into the Riverwoods business park area to see if I could find some better color. I did find some, but not as much as I would have liked. I have no idea what kind of tree this is just below, but I like the contrast of the little apple-y looking fruits against the leaves.



I took the one below out of focus on purpose to see what it would look like. I kind of dig it--it reminds me of some of Monet's paintings after he started losing his sight. (Not that I'm comparing myself to Monet - Ha, yeah right!)



I was surprised by how cold it was that morning--it took me a couple of hours to really get warmed back up (and my poor hands started to crack and bleed. Boo and hiss. that usually doesn't happen until closer to Thanksgiving.). I don't want winter to come yet. Yuck.


Oh, and Happy Halloween! Here is a partial picture of me last year in my Venetian mask.

1 comment:

Diane said...

I love the picture of the three trees...it really shows the magic of fall colors!