Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Top 100 Books

In 1998, Random House published a list of the Top 100 Books of the 20th Century, chosen by an editorial board. This list was reported by the NY Times (click here for that article), and posted on the Random House Modern Library website. In addition to the board's list, there was a list compiled based on reader feedback, and a list compiled by students in Radcliffe's Publishing Course (of which 42 were apparently subject to attempts or successful banning from libraries or school curriculum).

I have combined all three lists and sorted them by title, showing the list they were on and their ranking in that list. I think I'm going to work my way through the lists starting with the books that made it onto all three (highlighted in grey).

Click here to see my list.

No comments: