Pages

Friday, February 20, 2009

I Just Enrolled in...

... a painting class!!

It's a three month course, and the first one is tomorrow. I'm so excited!! As many of you know, I love to paint, but I have never had any formal training. I don't even use real paints. I use 99-cent-a-jar craft acrylics, which I buy at Robert's or Michael's. I own real acrylic paints, but I don't know how to use them properly--or if there is even a "proper" way to use them. I am, in fact, clueless.

There is so much to learn about: color theory and perspective, form, shading, composition, and all kind of other topics that are essential to understand when creating visual art. I have no idea which of these will be covered in my classes, but I think this will be a great jumping off point. I would love to continue taking classes once I'm back home.

I'll be sure to report back tomorrow on how my class goes. Tomorrow all I'm supposed to take is a pencil, eraser, and a specific size of sketch book.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I am so excited for you and can't wait to see pictures of your work.