Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Farmer's Market

There is a farmer's market every Wednesday and Saturday just a block and a half away from my apartment.


I ventured over today to buy some fresh produce. I'm now going to get all the produce I can at the farmer's market. The prices were much better. Wow.

So, here's what I came home with for today, since I already had most of what I needed on hand at home.
-some clementines
-a few turnips
-4 lovely Gala apples
-fresh garlic and shallots
-two huge green peppers



I also bought some smoked tofu and some curry sauce at the grocery store. I'm going to try doing stir-fry and some aloo gobi one of these days. But I was really disappointed that I couldn't find any wild rice at the grocery store. Not even any brown rice. Just Uncle Ben's and basmati. Sad. I guess I'll have to buy saffron and just deal with it.

No comments: