Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2009

San Fran

Mom and I left at 6 am New Year's Day to fly to San Francisco so I could get my student visa.
I didn't get home from my New Year's Eve celebrating until 4:30, so I didn't bother going to sleep. That turned out to be a good thing, because this is the plane we flew on.
So small, so shaky. Because of my late night antics, I miraculously slept for most of the flight (I can never sleep on planes).

We got into SF pretty early, but it took us a little while to get downtown to our hotel, which was just cute and old and charming. so we got there just before the normal check-in time, and they gave us a room so we could drop off our things instead of hauling them around the city.

We spent the day eating at a geat local restaurant, riding cable cars, buying new earrings from awesome Chinese street vendors (okay, that was just me), and wandering around Ghirardelli square and the Fisherman's Wharf. It was FREEZING but fun.










I got my visa!! Part of me was convinced they would turn me away. But it was seriously painless. So, it's official! I am going, I'll be legal, and I'll be able to go in and out of France as I please. So my little weekend trips will be possible. HOORAY!!