Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Soldes

In France, companies don't have the right to just declare a clearance sale. They can have promotions (buy one, get one free... or... buy one, and we'll throw this other thing in for half price, etc.), but apparently they are not allowed to even use the word "sale" in their marketing outside the semi-annual "Soldes" time periods. "Sales" are government regulated and they only happen twice a year. Companies can actually get fined for promoting a sale outside of these two "soldes" periods.


Well, I happen to be here during the lovely "Soldes", and I am trying to take advantage of that and buy myself some boots that have a mostly flat sole and a thicker heel than the ones I brought from home.


I am not meeting with a lot of luck. But I am meeting with a lot of shoppers.

No comments: